Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Quest to Help Others

So, today I had the privilege to participate in a press conference highlighting the need to take a closer look at the differential diagnosis in shaken baby syndrome cases. Pam Jacobazzi has been in prison since 1999 after being wrongfully convicted of shaking a baby to death. I was delighted to join the Illinois Innocence project today as they asked the governor to grant Pam's clemency petition.
I was highlighted in a news story leading up to today's event.
Check it out here!

And a link to a story on ABC news.
I vow to speak up until policies change. Innocent people are accused far too often! Nobody should have to live this nightmare. There is a fine line between protecting children and destroying lives!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you starting this blog, and for speaking out about hasty accusations of infant shaking. I'm so glad your daughter was returned to you. Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete