Monday, April 4, 2011

10-15 days!

So, the hearing is over. I think it went well. My attorney said I couldn't have done any better. I was clear, concise, and honest. I told the story from start to finish, pointing out all discrepancies in medical reports. I also highlighted relevant research about neonatal intracranial hemorrhage. I pointed to my intensive psychological assessment, which showed that I am at an incredibly low risk of abusing a child. There is a scale they do that points to risk of abuse...216 is considered moderate risk, 160 is mild risk. My score was 44! I showed virtually no risk! She also said I have no cognitive deficits or psychological disorders. She said my parenting skills are superb, and I appear to be very nurturing and loving.

Anyway, I think it went well. At the beginning of the hearing, she told me that after she hears my testimony, she will take 10-15 days to review all evidence and make a determination. So, in two weeks, I'll have an answer. I guess it's already been 5.5 months...what's 2 more weeks?

Until then, keep praying for a soft heart for Valarie...the woman making the decision!!!

For now, I'm going to spend the night snuggling with my beautiful daughter!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment